Job Description for Pastoral Ministry Staff at St. Agnes+Our Lady of Fatima Youth Coordinator. Please download and print a copy of the job description as necessary.
The individual will assist the pastor and parish staff in the overall engagement of the youth in parish life and activities. The position will require working and coordinating with numerous volunteer and paid positions.
Availability Requirements + Benefits
- Part-time salaried position.
- Approximately 15 hours weekly with flexibility.
- Must be available evenings and as weekend programming requires. Weekday daytime hours as programming may require (scheduled ahead of time).
- Transportation required (for late evenings, early Sunday mornings)
- Attendance at pastoral council meetings monthly.
- Attendance at Fall Pastoral Council workshop/retreat.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work to sustain and create and lead social, informational, and faith-centered activities for youth to support their human development and Catholic Faith with sensitivity to ecumenical concerns.
- Coordinate and oversee regular parish-wide youth group meetings.
- Coordinate and oversee specialized regular youth meetings for girls, boys, teens, etc. as needed.
- Coordinate with and engage in youth programming at the Fatima Family Center.
- Coordinate efforts for youth athletics in the parish, particularly CYO.
- Must complete VIRTUS training and BCI background and fingerprinting
- Work with pastor and staff to ensure training and formation of youth leaders and youth participation in parish liturgical ministry and other parish activities.
- Support as appropriate the following efforts:
- RCIA for Youth
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Sunday morning youth religious education (SWAGG)
- Bible Study for Adults
- Assist with maintaining training and certification of youth volunteers in VIRTUS and PRAESIDIUM and background checks.
- Grow participation levels of youth in parish life.
- Coordinate opportunities for Parish Youth Activities with the Parish Life Secretariat, the Office for Ministry to African American Catholics, and neighboring parishes as appropriate.
- The position will require working and coordinating with numerous volunteer and paid positions, including but not limited to:
- Parish Office Administrative Assistant
- Director of Faith Formation
- Director of Liturgical Music
- Parish Pastoral Council
- Commission Chairpersons
- Parish Group Leaders
- Staff of Fatima Family Center
- Hot Meal Volunteers
- Other Parish Ministry Volunteers
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Pastoral Ministry Certification, or commensurate previous pastoral experience.
- Demonstrated competency to work in multicultural/cross-cultural settings.
- Able to communicate and collaborate in a collegial setting.
- Facility with Word and Excel and open to learning other tools and software.
- Able to contribute constructively to conversations and dialogue regarding parish life and youth engagement.
- Able to receive and offer constructive criticism regarding parish activities, programs, or pastoral situations, in particular with the youth.
- Able to attend regular staff meetings and contribute ideas, information, and counsel to pastor and fellow staff regarding parish programs and activities for youth.
Requirements for Submitting Application
- Record of Baptism
- Letter from the current pastor of parish standing and involvement
- Two professional recommendations from previous employers or supervisors.
- Resume indicating previous work in youth activities and youth ministry or pastoral work.
- Cover letter reflecting your thoughts regarding youth activities and youth faith engagement and the gifts and qualities you believe you can offer.
- Availability for personal or phone interview(s) with pastor and others as necessary.
Please send information via mail or electronically to:
Br. Bob Marva, OFM Cap.
St. Agnes+Our Lady of Fatima
6800 Lexington Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44103