What Do We Do About Easter???
These times are unlike any other in modern history, especially with regard to celebrating Sunday Mass and gathering as a faith community. The Good News Is: JESUS IS RISEN NOW AND FOREVER! What has changed is how we are going to remember that each Sunday and through the Easter Triduum. Here are some things that we are working on to help us all stay connected to our church and our faith.
7 ways we can stay connected to our church
- We are taping Sunday Masses and loading them to our website. There will be a small group putting these together observing the requirements for distancing and health and
- There is a daily mass on EWTN and Fox 8 will air the TV Mass on Sunday mornings at 6. There is also daily mass available on the Diocese of Cleveland website at dioceseofcleveland.org.
- A weekly bulletin will be available on the Fatima website with information for our church family. Without schedules and meetings, if there is information that you want to communicate, please get it to Br. Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org by WEDNESDAY NOON of each week. We will do our best to get it published.
- We will do the Tuesday Hot Meal as take out only, but need volunteers to pack and distribute. Anyone who can help should come at 4:45. Persons aged 60 and over should NOT volunteer per directives for those vulnerable to illness. This may change as new directives from the State of Ohio or the Diocese are issued.
- At this time, all Easter Services and gatherings are canceled. We will work to record Masses for those days and post them to our website as on Sundays. PALMS will be blessed and be available outside the doors of the church for those who wish to stop by and pick some up – please leave some for others too!
- Easter baptisms and other celebrations in the church are postponed until further notice from the State and the Diocese. FUNERALS may be celebrated at the graveside only with a memorial mass to scheduled later. There are no opportunities for a repast or luncheon to be held at the Church or the Center.
- Please consider mailing in your tithes or using the electronic giving opportunities through Vanco and Cash App. Your faithfulness is most appreciated. At the same time, take care of your business and financial responsibilities at home as needed.
We will all get through this challenging time. We also do well to remember that our faith unites us in prayer and in hope of the whole world. Keep on praying and stay well knowing that God is in control!