Director of Faith Formation
Job Description for Pastoral Ministry Staff at St. Agnes+Our Lady of Fatima Director of Faith Formation. Please download and print a copy of the job description as necessary.
The individual will assist the pastor and parish staff in the overall faith formation and development of the parish in knowledge and practice of the Catholic Faith with sensitivity to ecumenical concerns. The position will require working and coordinating with numerous volunteer and paid positions.
Availability Requirements + Benefits
- Full time with benefits.
- 40 hours weekly with flexibility.
- Must be available daytime, some evenings, and weekends.
- Transportation required (for late evenings, early Sunday mornings).
- Able to attend regular staff meetings and contribute ideas, information, and counsel to pastor and fellow staff regarding parish programs and activities.
- Attendance at pastoral council meetings monthly.
- Attendance at Fall Pastoral Council workshop/retreat
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the pastor to ensure the training and formation of all liturgical ministers and parish leaders.
- Work with Parish Volunteers to run and grow the following efforts:
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Alpha Sunday morning youth religious education (SWAGG) Bible Study for Adults
- Ongoing Adult Faith Formation
- The position will require working and coordinating with numerous volunteer and paid positions, including but not limited to:
- Parish Office Administrative Assistant
- Director of Liturgical Music
- Custodian Coordinator of Youth Activities
- Parish Pastoral Council
- Commission Chairpersons
- Parish Group Leaders
- The staff of Fatima Family Center
- Hot Meal Volunteers
- Other Parish Ministry Volunteers
- Work with Youth Activity Coordinator to support faith formation and ministry to the youth of the parish and neighborhood.
- Must complete VIRTUS training and BCI background and fingerprinting
- Assist with training and certifying volunteers in VIRTUS and PRAESIDIUM and background checks.
- Support Coordinator and Volunteers for Tuesday Hot Meal Program.
- Support and formation to choir and music program in coordination with choir and musician leadership.
- Assist in preparing the weekly parish bulletin as needed.
- Grow volunteer and participation levels of members in parish faith formation at all levels.
- Coordinate opportunities for Faith formation with the Parish Life Secretariat, the Office for Ministry to African American Catholics, and neighboring parishes as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Pastoral Ministry Certification, theological studies (BA or advanced studies) or commensurate previous pastoral experience.
- Demonstrated competency to work in multicultural/cross-cultural settings.
- Facility with Word and Excel and open to learning other tools and software,
- Able to receive and offer constructive criticism regarding parish activities, programs, or pastoral situations.
- Able to communicate and collaborate in a collegial setting.
Requirements for Submitting Application
- Record of Baptism
- Letter from the current pastor of parish standing and involvement
- Two professional recommendations from previous employers or supervisors.
- Resume indicating previous work in faith formation or pastoral work.
- Cover letter reflecting your thoughts regarding Parish Faith Formation and the gifts and qualities you believe you can offer.
- Availability for personal or phone interview(s) with pastor and others as necessary.
Please send information via mail or electronically to:
Br. Bob Marva, OFM Cap.
St. Agnes+Our Lady of Fatima
6800 Lexington Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44103